Cannon Hall North Range Glass House Restoration Complete
8th March 2022
With the help of funds from the Wolfson Foundation and the National Heritage Lottery Fund, a derelict building in Cannon Hall’s walled garden has been transformed into a modern and exciting learning space. The North Range was the first building to appear in the walled garden in 1775 and it has been renovated and extended many times over the years. It was closed to the public in the 1980’s following a fire, and deteriorated terribly in subsequent years.
Work to restore the building began in September 2021 and took 5 months to complete and is ready to host the wonderful activities planned over the coming months, including pottery, art and horticultural classes and workshops.