Cannon Hall Cottages – A New Lease of Life
5th April 2021
As part of the Parks for People project, some of the stable courtyard buildings have had a complete makeover to create 2 lovely cottages that are now available for letting to raise vital funds to help preserve Cannon Hall Museum, Park and Gardens.
The cottages are in a building that was first built as a new Coach House between 1720 and 1756, on the site of a previous range of buildings. The cottages have had many past uses – the Coach House was turned into stables with a hayloft or grain store above, and later into accommodation for staff when the new Coach House we can still see today was built in 1784. It is believed that Pear Tree Cottage was lived in by a gardener until the 1950’s but eventually, the building became derelict until National Lottery funding received in 2019 meant that new life could be breathed into them.
It’s wonderful to know that these lovely homes will now be enjoyed by new generations of Cannon Hall residents. The cottages are available to let now, and can be viewed at